Service tool for application debugging
- More info
is a standalone service tool
for Windows. It enhances the possibilities of the DetStudio
in the area of monitoring, debugging and setting applications in
process stations. It can also be used for simple visualisations to
The main capability of the tool is reading and writing single
values of database variables and aliases (more-or-less the same as
the "watch" command in DetStudio). Furthermore, ViewDet can read,
view, print and export the archives and
journal from a process
station including recording their history. The archives can be
viewed as tables or charts. Another option is creating archives
and viewing archives created on a PC by reading specific process
station values periodically. The viewed variables can be freely
placed into so-called "scenes" with a defined background image -
thus creating a very simple process visualisation. A lock can
prevent the user from accidentally changing variables and viewing
parameters in ViewDet. ViewDet allows full editing of the IP
configuration of stations connected to industrial Ethernet.
The main ViewDet benefits include:
- grouping viewing objects into scenes and fast switching
between the scenes
- backgrounds in scenes
- new elements - static text and a variable
- new element for easy graphical editing of schedules
- a communication interval that can be set for each element
- user and admin modes - protection against accidental
- alias support
- scene and element print
- archived data exports
- user application download into the control system -
including a backup option and restoring variable values
- well-arranged project design window
- multiple communication profiles with easy switching
- collective time setting of control systems
- requires .NET (support of Windows XP and newer)
The program is distributed free of charge
|First Application Guide
Release notes - Version 1.3.0 (16.8.2016)
- New: In the operation mode an independent display of any
scene, variables window, aliases window, filters window and
Download and IP configuration settings can be enabled /
- New: The project can define a default scene that appears
when you open a project.
- New: Pre-defined strategies for closing inactive scenes in
the project (this feature is intended to cooperate with the
new element for switching between scenes).
- New: Element DPlan mode can be set to have the first break
fixed at the 0:00 time.
- New: Elements Archives and Logbook displays the status of
reading in the toolbar (OK, error, read X samples, etc.).
- New: A new element (button) to toggle between scenes.
- New: A new element (button) for writing bit/value into
- New: ViewDet enables users to define styles (grouped in a
new window styles), which can influence the visual appearance
of some scenic elements.
- New: The Variable element is now able to change the size and
shape of the font and colour of the background and foreground
(using style sheets).
- New: The Text element can be assigned with a style (if more
Text elements are in the same style, changing the style will
affect all Text elements at once).
- Changed: The Export archive data dialogue has been modified
for better accentuating selected archival elements to be
- Change: Modified filters editing to be unified with styles
- Bug fix: Archive purging screen.
- Bug fix: Great number of opened tabs caused unhandled
exception of ViewDet.
- Bug fix: Transparent background of texts.
- Bug fix: Custom mode for the timeline in the Archive
- Bug fix: It was not possible to specify a limit value of the
filter for date and/or time.
- Bug fix: Changing the source variable of an alias (WID /
station) was causing malfunction of aliases.
- Fixed minor bugs and made some other improvements.
is a standalone service tool for Windows. It
enhances the possibilities of the DetStudio parametrisation
environment in the area of monitoring, debugging and setting
applications in process stations. It can also be used for simple
visualisations to some extent.
You can download free of charge
, you only need to register